Saturday, July 20, 2013

There it is again...

You know...that thing that happens that forces you to really consider your own mortality.  Talia Joy Castellano, an incredibly courageous 13 year old, passed away Tuesday after her war against cancer.  And now another young warrior in the melanoma community, Tim Vandermolen, has passed away.  I'm sending prayers of peace and comfort for their families.  

Last week, when Jim and I were in Houston, I was scrolling through Facebook and saw a picture of Talia in her hospital bed curled up in a ball...her mom on one side of the bed and her sister on the other; it was clear that she was close to dying, and I just lost it right there in the car on some Texas interstate.  All I could see in that picture was me.  And all I could think about was the pain my family and friends would feel if it were me in that hospital bed.  Trust me...I'm doing all I can to not let that happen.  But if I'm being honest it could, at any time.  And that's hard; for me, and for anyone who cares about me.

So please peeps....do me a favor.  Put on a boatload of sunscreen, wait 20 minutes, and then get out there and enjoy the hell out of your day!  You never know when it's your last.  Oh, and don't forget your hat!  xoxox!

No comments:

Post a Comment