Saturday, December 8, 2012

Grateful....

I'm sitting here at my favorite VW dealer waiting for them to open so I can have the pleasure...not...of paying $80 for an oil change. I have lots to do today, not the least of which is to pick up some ribs for a family dinner tomorrow night. My future son-in-law, David, loves my ribs. : )  Then there's the house cleaning, grocery shopping, wrapping gifts, and getting ready to go out with my favorite guy in the world tonight.  For a second, the word "ugh" came to mind, until I remembered just how fortunate I am to be able to do these things. Really fortunate. Many of my molemates are undergoing treatment, are in the hospital for surgery or related problems, or worse...are home with no options left.  So I truly am grateful to be sitting in my car at VW. 

Some of you know that I will be rejoining the "in treatment" crew on Wednesday. Yervoy is next for me.  It is designed to help kick start my own immune system into kicking melanoma's ass, so it's classified as immunotherapy, just as Interferon is.  It is not without side effects, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I won't be in the small group of people that has a rough time with it. Assuming I'm not in that group, I will get four doses; one every three weeks, and we'll go from there.

And in the meantime, I will be grateful...for everything in my life.  For the fact that I woke up today, for the fact that I am able to clean my house, and wrap gifts, and prepare meals that make those I love happy.  I hope you will take a minute today to consider how fortunate you are too.

1 comment:

  1. What an appropriate post. I have to remind myself of this often! I will be thinking of you next week as you begin this new journey. <3

    ReplyDelete